Thursday, September 25, 2014

Things I'm learning about Print and Cut :)

I was curious to see what the print and cut can do and so I did a little bit of experimenting.  I wanted to know if the print and cut would work by putting images onto different shapes and cutting out the background shape only.

Here are my results.



I wanted to print an image onto the scallop and have just the scallop cut out.  This would be great for so many projects (especially when time doesn't allow for the piecing together of many layers).  The difference between these two images is that one used a "printable" image (the Haunted House) and the other used a regular cutting file. (Both are from the Cricut library.)

For the haunted house (a printable image), I put the house to the front so it was visible on the scallop and then I grouped them together.  I did not have the option to flatten the image as it was already flattened as a printable.  I then printed the image.  When I put it into the Cricut, it cut the house image.  It was asking for a reinsert of the mat to then cut the scallop.

For the candy (a layered cutting image), I moved the candy to the front so it was visible on the scallop and then grouped them together.  I then flattened the image and hit go.  The image printed and when it went through the Cricut, the scallop was cut and not the candy.

I'm not saying there isn't a way to get a printable on another shape...I'm just saying that I haven't figured it out yet. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment