Sunday, September 28, 2014

Non-Crafty Weekend

This was a non-crafty weekend with good reason!  We had the opportunity to go visit my youngest at college and we took it!  So great to see him!

I have played with the slice feature on the design studio to see how it worked but did not create anything I wanted to cut out.  


On Friday, I made an awesome birthday card for my mom...but I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to her DOH!  I utilized the print and cut feature.  I used a basket from Cricut images (I have the subscription and so I don't pay enough attention to which cartridge the image is from...I'll work on getting better at noting that!).  I then found some cute tulips that were popping up from some grass.  I grouped the two together with the tulips behind the basket so the grass didn't show.  I then found some vine-like plant with little flowers on it.  I copied it and added 3 of those hanging down over the sides of the basket.  Adding even more flowers I found, I added 3 flowers (same flower - just three different sizes) on one side of the basket handle and 1 larger version of it near the other.

I duplicated many of the flower images (not the vines) before I grouped the basket and original set of flowers together so I could flatten them.  I print and cut that image and it was really cute!!  I then cut out the duplicate flowers I had made and popped some of them up from the basket to give it dimension.  I mounted the basket on bright yellow cardstock.  On the inside I attached a Happy Birthday cut from the Circut library.  I also added a small bird with a flower in its mouth (print and cut).

Since I was seeing her to give it in person, I made it pretty large without worrying about having to fit it into an envelope.  

Print and Cut is going to be a great feature when you want to make a very detailed image without having to do all the layers.  The vine I used was really cute and if I were using it for a scrapbook page border, it would be large enough to easily handle assembling the layers.  But for the size I needed, it would have been a pain to deal with the really tiny pieces.


I hope to make a Halloween banner this week and some other fun Halloween decorations!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment